- 1 48-ounce jar Randall Great Northern beans, undrained
- 1 1 1/2 pounds cottage butt, sliced or cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 1 cup water
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
Combine Randall Beans, cottage butt, onions, water, carrots and celery in a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer covered, 45 minutes. Remove lid and simmer 15 minutes or until bean mixture is desired consistency. Serve in individual soup bowls along with cornbread.
Makes 4 servings.