Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and nothing says “I love you” quite like a delicious, home-cooked meal for two. We’ve got the perfect Italian-inspired recipe to make your dinner a total success. It’s packed with Randall’s Great Northern Beans, so you know it’ll be filling and tasty. So make sure to grab a box of chocolates, a few candles, and a jar of beans this Valentine’s Day!
This tasty chicken alfredo recipe is a bean filled take on the Italian classic, and absolutely perfect for a romantic dinner with your significant other. Unlike more traditional bean recipes, however, Randall’s Great Northern Beans are used to make up the creamy alfredo sauce, giving it a meaty, earthy flavor, kicked up with plenty of butter and garlic. This dish is topped with juicy slices of whole white chicken breast, making it a healthy and filling meal. Vegetarians can enjoy this tasty Italian dish by substituting sauteed mushrooms for the slices of chicken breast.
This recipe was developed by our friend Nicole Folgate.
- 1 1/3 cups penne pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (approx 1/2 lb.) boneless skinless chicken breast, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3?4 cup milk
- 1?4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (14 oz) jar Randall Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta, retaining about 1 tablespoon of water. Add the pasta back into the pot with the reserved water and toss with 1 teaspoon olive oil so it doesn't stick together while you make the sauce. Cover pot to keep warm.
- In a large pan over medium-low heat, add remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil and cook the chicken breast completely.
- While the chicken is cooking, melt the butter and add the minced garlic. Saute garlic for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the milk and heat to a simmer. Add the mozzarella cheese and stir frequently until completely melted. Remove pan from heat.
- Transfer the cheese sauce to a blender or food processor, along with the white beans. Blend until smooth. Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice chicken breast into thin strips and divide in half. Assemble two plates by dividing the pasta onto each one, pouring Alfredo sauce over the top, followed by one half of the sliced chicken breast.
You can make this delicious dish with either our traditional Great Northern Beans or Our Organic Great Northern Beans.