Don’t you just love it when you can be creative with leftovers? You open the refrigerator door, scan the shelves, pull out some leftover steak and if you’re lucky, you create a magnificent bean salad like this one.
Chances are, you can put this entire recipe together with items you already have in your fridge. The lime and garlic dressing packs a big burst of flavor, and pairs well with tender spinach. We’ve used jasmine rice to add substance and texture to this recipe, but it would also work well with leftover quinoa or wild rice.
Sometimes our favorite meals come together by accident (well, almost by accident- you’ve probably noticed we have a thing for beans), and this is one of our favorite happy accidents.
- Baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups Randall Bean Pinto Beans, drained
- Steak, sliced
- 1/2 cup oil cured black olives, chopped
- 1 red pepper, roasted and sliced
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 2/3 cup rice, cooked, room temperature
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup Vidalia onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup oil (canola, grape seed or vegetable)
- 1 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a bowl except for the oil. Slowly drizzle the oil into the mixture while constantly whisking.
- In a large salad bowl assemble all the salad ingredients and gently toss with desired amount of salad dressing.
Enjoy more bean salads:
Summertime is the perfect time to try this tasty recipe featuring Randall Beans Great Northern Beans.
Grilling out tonight? Here’s the perfect side dish for your grilled meat featuring Randall Beans Pinto Beans.