This Spicy Bean Dip makes a great addition to any summer gathering or as a side dish to any Mexican cuisine. You can make this dip hours ahead; just refrigerate and microwave when you’re ready to use. This recipe builds off a refried beans recipe that you can find here: Randall Hearty ‘N Healthy Refried Beans. The Spicy Bean Dip is sure to have a kick of flavor and spice for anyone that is looking for something with a little zing to it! Serve piping hot with some crisp tortilla chips for dipping and you’ll find it won’t last long.
- 1 recipe Randall Hearty 'N Healthy Refried Beans*
- 1 cup commercial tomato salsa, (medium or hot)
- 2 cups shredded jack cheese
- Stir together the refried beans* and salsa. Heat, over low heat in a heavy pan, until very hot. Place in a medium sized oven proof casserole. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Place in a conventional or microwave oven until cheese is melted. Serve hot.
- 12 to 15 servings.
Ready to start planning your picnic? Just don’t forget the Randall Beans! Check your local grocery store or if you can’t find them you can always have these delicious beans in a jar shipped straight to you from our online store.