You know fall is here when you’re bonding with friends and family in the parking lot before the big game. Serious tailgaters have an arsenal of equipment to enhance the game day experience: folding chairs, binoculars, coolers, canopies, team shirts and more. However, the true skill of a hardcore tailgater lies in her ability to pack a movable feast. Let’s face it, tailgating is all about the food. Below is our tried and true mixed bean salad that’s guaranteed to make you the most popular person in the parking lot.
Mixed Bean Tailgate Salad with Tuna
- 1 24 oz. jar Randall Mixed Beans, drained
- 4 cans tuna in oil, drained
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 3 scallions, finely sliced
- 1 small Vidalia onion, sliced into 1 inch slivers
- 2 tbsp. capers
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Salad: Combine beans and remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Dressing: In a small bowl wish together the olive and the remaining ingredients. Add the dressing to the bean salad, toss and serve.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes