Have you heard the big news yet? Randall Beans are now certified organic!
We think it’s just in the nick of time, as prime farmers market shopping season is just upon us. So while you plan your next awesome trip to the farmers market, we wanted to give you a few organic dish ideas to look forward to. This mouth-watering spiced pinto bean salad is brought to us courtesy of food blogger Kate V, and is perfect for a family gathering during a summer holiday or a side for a picnic outside.
With a quick turn in the skillet, the Randall Organic Pinto Beans soak up all the cajun spice flavor, setting up a delicious flavor contrast between the beans and the cool veggies and dressing. The assortment of vegetables, from crunchy onions and cucumbers to juicy grape tomatoes make every bite a unique experience. Topping it all off is a smooth and creamy avocado dressing that’s reminiscent of the best guacamole you’ve ever had. After your next weekend trip to the farmers market, make sure to settle in and whip this pinto bean salad up to unwind.
Organic Pinto Bean Salad with Avocado Dressing
- 1 14-oz jar Organic Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun spice (Taco seasoning works great too!)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large handfuls spinach
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 oz queso fresco (or feta), chopped or crumbled
- Avocado Dressing:
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tablespoons plain low fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup water
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 scallion, roughly chopped
- Salt to taste (about 1/4 teaspoon), pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the organic pinto beans and Cajun spice and cook for 3-4 minutes over high heat, stirring constantly. The beans will crisp up and start popping. Remove from heat and allow to cool as you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Prepare the dressing in a small food processor: Add all the ingredients and process until smooth.
- Arrange the salad: On a large platter (or 2 large dinner plates), arrange the spinach, topped with rows of Spiced Pinto Beans, halved grape tomatoes, cucumber slices, onion slices, cubes of queso fresco, and chopped avocado. Top with Avocado dressing.
For more cool, crisp salads, download your free copy of the Randall Beans Spring Salads cookbook!
Summertime is the perfect time to try this tasty recipe featuring Randall Beans Pinto Beans.