Dishes like this were made for September and the chilly months to come.
Whether you are fighting off a cold and need something nice and warm to sooth your stomach or simply warming up after a long day, this kale, chicken and Randall white bean soup will be sure to hit the spot.
Two of your healthiest food options out there, kale and beans, join forces to headline this hearty soup. One of this dish’s secrets to its unique and delicious flavor is the presence of jalapeno pepper which gives it a little extra something. Don’t worry, it isn’t too overpowering and plays as a nice compliment to the rest of the dish’s elements.
Filling and packed with flavor nutrients, this fall and winter recipe is one of our favorites and we’re sure it’ll be one of yours too.
- 8 cups chicken broth, preferably homemade
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 stalks leeks, white parts sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 cups Vidalia onion, chopped
- 6 cups kale, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 jar Randall Great Northern Beans, with liquid
- 2 bay leaves, dried
- 2 tablespoons oregano, dried
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- Sweating the vegetables. Place a large stock pot on the stove, turn heat to medium and add olive oil. When olive oil begins to shimmer, add onions, celery and leeks. Saute until vegetables are soft and translucent. Add the garlic and continue to cook for 3 minutes, stirring the mixture to avoid burning.
- Building the flavor. Add the oregano and bay leaves. Continue to stir and cook for an additional minute.
- Assembling the soup. Add chicken broth, chicken and Randall Great Northern Beans. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and skim the foam off the top of the soup. Add kale. Stir the kale into the soup. The leaves will begin to wilt. Cover the pot with a lid and continue to simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Taste the soup. Adjust soups flavorings with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and garnish with the optional chopped jalapeno.
This recipe can be made with either Randall Beans Great Northern Beans or the Randall Beans Organic products.