There’s nothing quite like date night with your loved one!
The kids are away and you’ve got the whole house to yourself. Why go out? Celebrate at home with a delicious and romantic meal with your significant other that will make you feel like you are out at a five-star restaurant. This Blackened Salmon served with a Dark Red Kidney Bean Pilaf is just the thing to kick off your romantic evening in and let the sparks fly. Perfect with a glass of white wine!
This blackened salmon explodes with smoky and spicy flavors and is complimented wonderfully by the smooth flavor of rice pilaf with beans. Bon Appetit lovebirds!
Date Night Delight: Blackened Salmon with Dark Red Kidney Bean Pilaf
- For the salmon:
- Two Alaskan salmon filets
- 3 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- For the pilaf:
- One 14-oz jar Randall Beans Dark Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp coriander
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add the rice and seasonings and stir. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is cooked through.
- Let the salmon filets come to sit at room temperature for ten minutes. Mix the seasonings together in a bowl, then place the salmon into the seasonings to coat the fish. Leave the skin unseasoned.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Liberally spray with canola or vegetable oil. Place the salmon on the hot skillet and sear both sides for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir the kidney beans and chopped cilantro in with the cooked rice. Spoon the pilaf onto the plate and set the salmon on top to serve.
Ready to start planning date night? Just don’t forget the Randall Great Northern White Beans! Check your local grocery store or if you can’t find them you can always have these delicious beans in a jar shipped straight to you at our online store