By Ashleigh Evans from dashofevans.com
Is there a better way to bring people together during the holidays than with great food?
Every major holiday, friends and family come together from near and far and enjoy each other’s company with great food. The kind of food changes from holiday to holiday, but this time of year it is definitely sweets! Cookies, brownies, fudge and other assorted candies and treats are the usual suspects.
Be prepared to add these chocolatey Randall Bean truffles to the list this year!
That’s right, these decadent treats are made with Randall Beans black bean puree. Using beans are a great way to add extra protein to desserts, and you and whoever else who enjoys them will never know the difference – all they will taste is guilt-free chocolatey goodness!
Best of all, these truffles have limited required ingredients and require no baking! Simply combine the ingredients, let them set in the fridge while you prepare the coating, roll them into shape, coat them and let them sit for a little while before enjoying.
Also, you can put your own special mark on them by adding your favorite toppings! Give them a little feel of the season by topping them with colorful sprinkles, crushed candy canes, coconut shavings or whatever your heart desires!
Small, sustainable and delicious, this recipe is perfect for small gifts to friends and family, in gift baskets and are perfect stocking stuffers during the holiday season.
Be sure to whip out this recipe again throughout the year! Top them with candy corn during Halloween, candy hearts during Valentine’s Day or even green sprinkles or shamrock candies for St. Patrick’s Day! Your imagination is the only limit.
This recipe makes 12-15 truffles each.
- 14 oz Randall Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1.5 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- In a high powered blender or chopper, add black beans, honey and coconut oil. Puree on high 4-5 minutes, until smooth. You will have to scrape down the sides a few times.
- Add cocoa powder. Scrape mixture into a bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes to overnight.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out black bean mixture and roll into balls. Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Return to refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- To make chocolate coating, add coconut oil and chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second increments until melted and smooth.
- Roll truffles in chocolate coating and return to parchment lined pan. Sprinkle with desired toppings immediately. Allow for chocolate to set before storing.
Never go wanting with Randall Beans’ endless list of amazing recipes! No matter what season, occasion or meal Randall has you covered. Just make sure you are stocked up with plenty of Randall Beans to make these recipes taste the best. And if you are looking for more sweet treats for the holidays, download our free cookbook filled with guilt-free sweets everyone will enjoy!
Sweet Holiday Treats
Check out some of our favorites from the Randall Beans recipe collection: