Looking to spice up an ordinary bowl of chili? It’s all about the meat!
There’s no wrong way to make chili, no matter what meat you use or whether you use beans or not. It is such a complex dish that you can add almost anything and it will taste great. But, sometimes small details have a big impact.
Even something as subtle as swapping out ground beef for turkey can change the whole complexion of the recipe. Turkey is leaner and takes well to and absorbs other ingredients and spices it cooks with, enhancing its overall flavor. It is generally healthier than ground beef as well, so your chili can be extra guilt-free!
Give turkey chili a try using this recipe! Loaded with onions, chili powder, jalapeno, cumin, garlic and other classic chili ingredients, the only difference is the meat. Don’t forget about Randall Beans Dark Red Kidney Beans, of course. Kidney beans are perfect for chili because they are plump, meaty and hold together under heat.
Everyone knows chili is the ultimate winter recipe. It’s warm, filling, simple and perfect for serving for large groups like football parties and family gatherings.
With turkey and Randall Beans in your next pot of chili, you won’t just be serving a great chili recipe but a healthier and tastier one too. Chili is great for leftovers too! So, make it Sunday night and you’ll be set for dinner Monday night too.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 lb ground lean turkey
- 2 15.4oz. jars Randall Beans Dark Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups chicken favorite broth
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- In a large Dutch oven or stock pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Sweat the onions, jalapenos and garlic for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the chili powder, cumin, ground coriander, dried oregano and salt and stir.
- Brown the ground turkey, stirring together to mix with all of the seasonings. Add the dark red kidney beans, the stock and diced tomatoes. Cover and simmer for one hour, stirring occasionally. Serve with shredded cheddar cheese, chopped green onions and cornbread.
This is just one of the many awesome recipes featured in our free e-cookbook: The Ultimate Guide to Chili! One of our most popular recipe collections, The Ultimate Guide to Chili features a variety of original recipes, from classics like Randall’s Classic Chili to unique styles like Black Bean Chorizo Chili. Grab a free copy today and start beating the winter cold in delicious fashion.
Transform your holiday left overs into something new and exciting with Randall Beans Black Beans