By Kate Vaynshteyn at www.babaganosh.org
Whether you are preparing a Mexican feast or just need a simple last-minute dinner recipe, it’s hard to go wrong with a cheesy chicken quesadilla!
Our recipe developer Kate’s recipe for this ooey-gooey, cheesy chicken quesadilla with Randall Beans black beans may not have many frills, but man-oh-man is it delicious!
All in all, this recipe takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and make. It’s perfect for any occasion, like an after-school snack for the kids, a last-minute dinner plan or even just an indulgent late-night snack!
Pick your favorite cheese, some tortillas, a jar of our black beans and shred up some leftover chicken (or even easier, pick up a rotisserie chicken on the way home!) and you are ready to roll. These quesadillas are great on their own or with some sour cream, guacamole or salsa to dip them in.
This recipe makes one quesadilla’s worth, so if you are feeding a crowd make sure to double up the recipe for each additional quesadilla you want to make. We always like to make a few extra because these guys go quick!
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 2 - 2.5 cups shredded cheese, such as Mexican blend, pepper Jack, or cheddar
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 15.4-oz. jar Randall Beans Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- Optional: 2 Tbsp. cilantro leaves, chopped
- Prepare the quesadillas by layering each ingredient on half of the tortilla in the following order: 1/4 - 1/3 cup shredded cheese, 1/2 cup shredded chicken, 1/3 cup black beans. Top with another 1/3 - 1/3 cup shredded cheese and cilantro leaves. Fold the tortillas in half.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Carefully place a quesadilla on the skillet and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat, or until the cheese on the bottom starts to melt. If the quesadilla browns too fast before the cheese melts, lower the heat. Use a spatula to carefully flip the quesadilla and cook 2-3 minutes on the other side, or until the cheese starts to melt and the fillings are heated through.
- Use a spatula to carefully remove the quesadilla from the skillet. Allow to cool for a minute. Use a large sharp knife to cut into 3 wedges. Serve with your favorite quesadilla sides, such as guacamole, salsa, or sour cream.
How about some salsa or guacamole to serve on the side? Try making one of these recipes to serve alongside this easy chicken quesadilla:
Incredible Black Bean Guacamole
Smoky Black Bean Salsa with Grilled Pineapple
Crisp and Crunchy Corn and Pinto Bean Salsa
Randall’s Southwestern Bean Salsa
Hearty ‘N Healthy Refried Beans
Looking for more delicious and simple Mexican food recipes like these? Be sure to grab a copy of our free “Fabulous Fiesta Food” cookbook! From tacos, enchiladas, tamales, salsa, quesadillas, huevos rancheros and much more this cookbook is the ultimate guide for a one-of-a-kind fiesta. It has classic and unique recipes of all your favorites, all using our amazing Randall Beans. Grab your copy below.
Try some of our favorite bean recipes like Cinco De Mayo Roasted Corn and Black-eyed Pea Beans Pico, Black Beans and Sweet Potatoes with Chorizo or Southwest Black Bean & Quinoa Salad for dinner tonight!