Now that school is back in session and time is precious, long dinner prep and cooking can be overwhelming, especially if your kitchen table has become your office or classroom. Nobody wants dinner time to become an endless stream of takeout bags and boxes each night, but where are you supposed to find the time to create a delicious homecooked meal in today’s day and age? The hero that can save us time and stress? Our handy crockpot!
Crockpot recipes are one of our favorite kinds of recipes because they are satisfying, delicious, and easy to make. You can throw raw or even frozen ingredients in the morning, turn it on, and walk away, free to carry on with your busy day of work. By the time dinner rolls around, you have a hearty one-pot meal ready to serve!
This crockpot chicken and beans recipe is versatile, tasty, but more importantly, SIMPLE! With only 7 ingredients — yep, you read that correctly — you can even have the kids help throw it together. Can you imagine, a kid-proof recipe they will love making and eating? Make the dish mild or spicier depending on what kind of salsa you use, get creative and try green salsa or red for a different taste.
What to do with this creamy crockpot chicken concoction? A better question is what can’t you do with it? This recipe can serve so many functions. Served over rice, wrapped in tortillas, over macaroni, scoop it up with chips, or even go crazy and put it over a salad! This crockpot chicken recipe makes enough to pack lunches the next day or to use for another meal. Feel free to add toppings, such as avocado, tomato, sour cream, or cheese to bring it all together.
(makes one large crockpot, 8-10 servings)
- One 15.4 oz jar of Randall Beans Black Beans
- 4 or 5 frozen chicken breasts
- 1 can of sweet corn
- 16 oz jar of salsa
- 8 oz package of light cream cheese
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- Plug in crockpot and choose whichever time setting works for your day — we set ours on medium, or 6 hours.
- Add frozen (no need to thaw) chicken breasts to the bottom on the crockpot.
- Cover chicken with black beans and sweet corn, both drained.
- Dump jar of salsa over the top and cover with lid.
- 30-40 minutes before serving, use a fork to shred chicken breasts, which should come apart easily.
- Add seasoning packet and cream cheese, mixing well, changing the setting to low or warming.
- Stir before serving over rice, tacos, or salad.
- That’s it! We told you it was easy!
Crock Pot Classics
Check out some of our favorites from the Randall Beans recipe collection:
Want more crockpot recipes to help out with dinner time during these hectic days? We have a free collection of crockpot recipes available for you to download right here! From soups, stews, chili, and other delicious dishes that your family will love and make putting a homecooked meal on the table easy as can be.