White Bean and Chicken Enchiladas
Now that school is back in session and after school activities have resumed, putting a quick and easy meal on the table for dinner is becoming a priority! The problem is there often just aren’t enough hours in the day, so the quality of that dinner can become questionable when you have to rely on takeout and fast food ever night.
During this time of year, being able put together a meal that is economical, healthy, and delicious is important for making sure your family gets the fuel it needs to make it through their busy lives. Fortunately, meals that check all those boxes don’t always have to be a major production. All you need is the right kind of weeknight dinner recipe.
Spice up a weeknight dinner with something both kids and adults will enjoy — this Creamy White Bean and Chicken Enchiladas recipe hits all the right notes! Made with inexpensive ingredients, lots of flavor, nutritional value, AND it can be easily doubled to ensure leftovers for another night there’s no doubt this will soon become a family favorite.
Mix, roll, place, and bake are all it takes to get this recipe ready for you to enjoy. You can even cut down on the prep time with a few shortcuts like just grabbing a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store instead of cooking and pulling raw or frozen chicken. You can also scale or change the kind and amount of peppers you use depending on your tastes and how spicy you want it to be.
Don’t forget, you can always very easily double this recipe up! Save the leftovers in the fridge for tomorrow night or even consider thinking ahead and freezing what you don’t eat so you have an ace up your sleeve for dinner in a few weeks. These creamy white bean and chicken enchiladas do it all!
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Prepare the filling: wash all produce, and finely chop onions, peppers, and garlic.
- In a medium pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions, poblano peppers, jalapeños if desired, and garlic, and saute until soft and onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add green chiles, drained beans, and broth. Mix well and cover over low heat, simmering for 10 minutes.
- Remove cover, add chicken, cream cheese, and sour cream. Mix well and continue to simmer until mixture is thickened.
- Assemble: spread about 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9×13″ baking dish, or until bottom is covered.
- Fill each tortilla with 1/3 cup of the chicken/white bean filling.
- Roll the tortillas and place seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
- Continue to fill remaining tortillas, until the pan is full
- Carefully pour the enchilada sauce over the top of the enchiladas. Top with cheese.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil (spray the inside with nonstick spray to keep cheese from sticking) and bake 25 minutes, until the enchiladas are hot and the cheese is melted.
- Remove aluminum foil and return to the oven for around 5 more minutes, or until cheese is slightly browned.
- Remove dish from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before topping with fresh cilantro, scallions, and additional sour cream if desired. Enjoy!
More Recipes like these Chicken Enchiladas…
Check out some of our favorites from the Randall Beans recipe collection: