One of our favorite things to do during the summer is eating outside and going on picnics. Picnics are a good way to explore new parks and beaches while spending time with friends and family away from the house.
This Fiesta Mixed Bean Salad with Creamy Avocado Poblano Dressing is a great dish to bring on a picnic. Pack the salad and dressing separately and assemble them when you get to your desired picnic location. Simple. Easy. Delicious.
Continue reading to learn how to make this delicious salad for your next outdoor meal.
For the Salad:
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1 jalapeño, diced (optional)
- 2 cups roasted sweet corn (about 4 ears)
- 1 bag of arugula greens
- 1 48 oz. Jar of Randall Beans Ultimate 4 Bean Mix, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- Sliced scallions for garnish
For the Dressing:
- 2 Hass avocados
- 2 roasted poblano peppers
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for consistency
For the Salad
- Rinse all produce. Slice and remove seeds from peppers before diving into small pieces.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. When done, set aside to cool.
- On a grill or top rack of your oven, roast ears of sweet corn (and poblano peppers for the dressing) until kernels have browned slightly, around ten minutes. When cool, slice off the cob.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped peppers, roasted corn kernels, quinoa, arugula, and ½ the jar of Randall Ultimate 4 Bean Mix. Add lime juice and mix well. Top with sliced scallions.
For the Dressing:
- Wash and roughly chop produce. Peel and pit avocados.
- Roast poblano peppers for ten minutes, or until you see browning skin and the pepper is softened (if you already roasted the peppers when preparing the corn, skip this step).
- Add ingredients to the food processor and blend until well combined, adding a tablespoon of olive oil at a time until dressing is smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and pour into an airtight container. Put into the fridge until ready to serve.
Summer Baked Beans
Check out some of our favorites from the Randall Beans recipe collection: