Packed with nutrition and flavor, this creamy soup from The Harvest Kitchen is filling, delicious, and surprisingly low-calorie. Because we use blended Randall Great Northern beans in place of milk or cream, this dish is also vegan-friendly—just skip the cheese or add your own alternative.
• 1 large head cauliflower, florets and stems (about 6 cups); reserve about 1 cup for roasting with Parmesan cheese to garnish
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 onion, peeled and chopped
• 2 celery stalks, chopped
• 1 carrot, peeled and grated
• 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
• 2 cups Randall Great Northern Beans, drained
• 1 quart of reduced-sodium vegetable broth
• 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried leaves)
• 1 1-inch chunk of Parmesan cheese
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Chop the cauliflower into bite-size pieces, keeping some stems and discarding any tough parts.
Heat the olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and carrot. Saute for about 5 minutes.
Add the cauliflower and garlic and stir to coat.
Add Randall Great Northern Beans, broth, thyme, and Parmesan cheese wedge and bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low.
Simmer on low for about 15 – 18 minutes, or until cauliflower is soft.
Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Purée with an immersion blender (or slightly cool and blend in a regular blender).
Serve soup topped with roasted Parmesan-coated cauliflower.
Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.