Looking for a fun and easy way to add some zesty Italian flavors into your dinner? This recipe for bean-stuffed portabella caps comes together really quickly and is easy for a parent to make for their kids, or for an adult to make after grad school or work. It’s a family-friendly treat for almost any meal.
A few notes on this recipe from recipe developer Sara Croft: “Any tomatoes can be used in this dish – I’m growing grape tomatoes in my backyard so I have a lot of them! Meaty, hearty mushroom caps and protein from the beans gives you a filling snack that is healthy and delicious. Enjoy any extra stuffing by tossing the mixture with a little bit of olive oil and eat with a spoon.”
You can even remove the cheese in this recipe and serve it to your vegan friends! It’s healthy, hearty, and packed with clean energy.
Check out Sara’s food blog Solid Gold Eats today!
- 12 portabella mushroom caps, stems removed
- 2 cups Randall Beans Mixed Beans, drained and rinsed
- 20 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the mixed beans, grape tomatoes and spices together.
- Place about two tablespoons of the stuffing into the portabella caps.
- Top with shredded cheese and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted. Serve immediately.