Looking for a unique and tasty way to make a great family meal this winter? How about a classic flatbread with a white bean twist? You’ve got to try this brand new recipe showcasing Randall’s Great Northern Beans from a jar. It’s soulful Italian cooking that’s quick to bake, extra crispy, and good for you!
This white bean flatbread is a vegetarian’s delight. It takes full advantage of a colorful palette of red and yellow cherry tomatoes, earthy deep green basil leaves, and melty herbed goat cheese. The Great Northern Beans add just the right amount of protein to make this quick meal packed full of energy. Garlic salt and pepper to taste round out your perfect family flatbread. Best of all, it’s a great dish to prepare with the kids!
Today’s recipe was developed by our friend Amber Recker. Check out her food blog at Reckermended.com for more great recipes!
Quick Bake White Bean Flatbread
Pizza Dough (NOTE: You can use pre-made pizza dough and skip these ingredients and instructions #1-4)
- 3 ½ cups flour
- ¾ cup warm water
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 ½ tsp active dry yeast
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup Randall's Great Northern beans
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in thirds
- 2 tbsp herbed goat cheese
- ¼ cup basil, chopped
- 3 slices prosciutto, ripped in pieces
- ¼ cup arugula
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, add the water, oil, yeast, salt, and sugar.
- Mix until yeast has dissolved.
- Add flour and mix on low until all flour and water have mixed and a stiff dough ball forms.
- Place the dough ball into a large bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let the dough rise for 24 hours in the refrigerator before using.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Roll out dough to desired thickness and brush with olive oil.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Mix beans, salt, pepper, and garlic salt.
- Evenly scatter beans, cherry tomatoes, goat cheese, basil, prosciutto, arugula, and Parmesan cheese over dough.
- Return to oven and bake for 12 minutes, or until crust has browned and cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven, cut and serve.
Grilling out tonight? Here’s the perfect side dish for your grilled meat featuring Randall Beans Great Northern Beans