Citrus is begging to be placed back into your daily meal repertoire.
The daily dinner line up is demanding the sweet, tangy and zesty touches of citrus. But, without a doubt one citrus makes its comeback during springtime…… the LEMON! This bright and beautiful yellow fruit always finds its way into our hearts starting in childhood. Whether it was opening your first lemonade stand or being dared to bite into a lemon wedge, lemons state their place in our fondest childhood memories.
You have now learned a lemonade stand is not a sustainable career path and a lemon-inspired dare always ends with a sour pucker, but you still desire lemon-infused treats! Randall’s Zesty White Bean Salad inspires all the good vibes of childhood in a single bite. The crisp tastes of chopped chives with fresh spinach and peas will evoke the warm sun rays right to your plate. Add in the sweetness of honey combined with the tart splash of lemon and nourishment of great northern beans will create a salad impossible not to crave for lunch everyday.
Brought to us by food blogger, Nicole. See all of her delicious creations on her blog, Yes to Yum!
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon (1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest, 1 tablespoon lemon juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 14-oz jar Randall Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh spinach
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, garlic powder, chives, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add red onion, beans, peas, and spinach to the bowl and mix gently.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour, then serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container.
This recipe featuring Randall Beans Great Northern Beans is a perfect summer side dish.
Want more bean salads?
Pickled White Beans, Pear and Root Vegetable Salad
Pinto Bean, Roasted Red Pepper and Steak Salad