The rumbling crowds are deafening, but the rumbling stomachs are even louder. It’s game day, and your tailgate crew is hungry – but team spirit only goes so far, and you can’t satisfy hunger with a 20 point victory. What you need is a fourth quarter miracle, a star player. Thankfully, head coach/food blogger Nicole has just the thing: five star-rated White Bean Chicken Chili. Just look at what this dish can bring to your team:
- Strength – Chicken breast and Great Northern Beans give this chili game-changing strength.
- Versatility – Whether at the stadium or at home, from a bowl or on tortilla chips, this chili can play any position.
- Big Play Ability – This dish can get kicked into high gear with the addition of even spicier chili peppers.
So suit up! Grab your gear and lift your foam finger high – your team isn’t going to root for itself. And if hunger decides to rear its ugly head, send it straight back to the locker room, because you just signed a five year contract with delicious.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cans (4 oz each) chopped green chiles
- 1 lb. (about 2) boneless skinless chicken breasts, fully cooked and shredded*
- 2 cups of Randall Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 carton (32 oz) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 cup sour cream or 2% greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup half and half salt, to taste
- Tortilla strips or shredded cheese for garnish (optional)
- In a large pan, saute the onion and minced garlic in the olive oil until onions are soft and
- translucent. While the onions are cooking, puree the entire can of green chiles and a
- food processor or blender until smooth.
- Add the chicken, beans, chicken broth, pureed chiles and seasonings to the pot with the
- onions. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, then simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat, then stir in sour cream and half and half. Garnish with
- desired toppings.
- *Save time by using a rotisserie chicken that’s already prepared. Dark meat is welcome too!
Are you hungry yet? Head out to the store, and look for Randall Great Northern Beans to make this dish tonight.