It’s Sunday night and football has been on your TV all day. Everyone has already devoured the chips and dip so it’s time to bring out the main dish. What do you serve to a pack of hungry sports addicts? Three bean chicken chili is the perfect crowd-pleaser! It takes only a handful of ingredients and 35 minutes to create a meal that is a total touchdown.
The mixture of pinto, dark red kidney and great northern beans adds a robust flavor. Combining classic spices with juicy, tender chicken along with the three beans will make this batch of chili your best ever. Plus, all of your guests will be able to serve themselves from the dutch oven, leaving you hands-free to finally check your phone after a day of constant entertaining. Your rowdy fans will have full bellies and you will definitely be crowned the host with the most after serving a dish as good as this.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 3/4 tsp ground red chipotle
- 1/2 tsp chili con carne
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 15-oz cans chili ready diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- One 14-oz jar Randall Beans Pinto Beans
- One 14-oz jar Randall Beans Great Northern Beans
- One 14-oz jar Randall Beans Dark Red Kidney Beans
- In a large dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add the diced onion and garlic and stir, cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add all of the spices and stir. Crumble the ground chicken into the pot and begin to brown the meat, stirring occasionally to break up the meat.
- While the ground chicken browns, pour your cans of diced tomatoes into a food processor and pulse until tomatoes are no longer chunky.
- Add the pureed diced tomatoes and chicken broth.
- Rinse and drain the beans, then add to the dutch oven and stir. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat to low and simmer with the lid on but leaving enough room to vent some of the heat out.
- Let simmer for 30 minutes or longer as the flavor will develop the longer it cooks.
- Top with shredded cheese, green onions, sour cream or your favorite chili additions.
Are you hungry yet? Head out to the store, and look for Randall’s Pinto Beans to make this dish tonight.