Randall Beans is more than just a brand, we’re a family. The company itself has seen generations of family ownership, and we’re proud to bring our family history and values all across America. But the Randall Beans family isn’t just us, anyone who enjoys the great taste of our delicious beans is part of our family, and we love to hear how you use or enjoy our products!
This recipe is a slight twist on traditional baked beans, called New Calico Beans.
This recipe was submitted by Karen Appledorn, a longtime fan of Randall Beans. Here’s what she had to say:
This was originally a recipe I had from my sister and ‘doctored’ it to get it how we liked it especially with the Randall’s Mixed Beans! We’re always asked to bring these to all of the picnics and potlucks we attend. They are usually served with BBQ, hot dogs, hamburgers or brats. However, they can be a meal on their own with all of that meat in them.
As you can see, this hearty dish pairs equally as well with grilled hotdogs as it does with a nice wine. Try if for yourself, and give your compliments to Karen!
- 1 48 oz. jar of Randall's Mixed Beans
- 1 28 oz can of (anyone's) Baked Beans ~ drain
- 3/4 lb. of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 lb. of ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 small sweet onion chopped
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. worcheshire sauce
- 1 tbsp. yellow mustard
- Brown ground beef in a pan with the chopped sweet onion. Drain any liquid.
- Chop and cook bacon, draining any liquid here as well.
- Mix all ingredients together and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Do you have a favorite bean recipe that you want to share?
Submit a recipe to Randall Beans and we may feature it on our recipe blog!