Time for another great reader-submitted recipe!
One of our readers and customers, Lorraine, and her husband served this simply delicious BBQ baked beans recipe at their neighborhood 4th of July party and said it was an absolute hit!
With a jar full of Randall Beans Ultimate 4 Bean mix beans and common pantry items, you can make this recipe your way and with very little planning and shopping to go along with it.
Randall Beans, thickly-sliced bacon and a delicious BBQ sauce made from everyday fixings? What’s not to love here?
Here’s what Lorraine had to say about her recipe:
This recipe comes from my husband, a true Texan, so there are lots of rich and sweet flavors in the sauce and a bit of bacon.
He’s experimented with lots of different beans over the years, but Randall’s Mixed Beans are definitely his favorite, adding a little variety in the color and taste compared to a single kidney or white bean-based baked bean.
My husband starts by pulling out everything in the pantry or refrigerator he thinks should go in the sauce, that usually includes ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, molasses, maple syrup and hickory smoke barbecue sauce.
- ½ pound bacon (thick slice)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 48-oz jar of Randall Beans Ultimate 4 Bean Mix
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup hickory smoke barbecue sauce.
- 2 Tbsp of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Fry bacon until done, but not crisp.
- Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Chop bacon into small pieces.
- Sauté onions in bacon grease.
- Rinse and drain beans and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add onions and bacon to beans and stir well.
- Add ketchup, mustard, molasses, hickory smoke barbecue sauce and maple syrup and half the sugar to beans. Mix well.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar on top.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes .
Thanks for the awesome recipe, Lorraine! We can’t wait to try this one out ourselves! If you’ve got your own famous bean recipe, share it with us! We are always looking for great new ways to use our delicious beans. We may even put it up on our website to share with our fans, like this one.
Need more BBQ baked beans recipes to help complete your summer? Our free Summer Baked Beans cookbook is full more simple and delicious recipe to feature at your next BBQ – all using our famous Randall Beans. Download your copy today and be sure to check out all our other free cookbooks and recipes.
Summer Baked Beans
Check out some of our favorites from the Randall Beans recipe collection: