- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 medium chicken breasts, trimmed and cubed
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp jalapeño, minced
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- ground pepper, to taste
- 6 cups chicken stock or bone broth
- 1 small can mild green chili’s, undrained
- 1/4 cup sweet pimientos, sliced
- 4 1/2 cups Randall Great Northern Beans, drained
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
1. In a large pot, heat oil until hot but not smoking. Add in cubed chicken to cook/brown for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Remove chicken and set aside. Add in onion, garlic and jalapeño to sauté for 3-5 minutes. Then pour in seasonings, reduce heat and stir for 3-5 minutes.
3. Pour in chicken stock, chili’s, pimientos, white beans and lime juice. Using a potato masher, press down on the beans several times to slightly mash. Cover the pot, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 20-30 minutes.
4. Add back in the chicken, and the cilantro to heat for several minutes, then serve with avocado on top!