For a super cheesy take on white chicken chili, you can’t go wrong with this recipe from Half-Baked Harvest. It’s a crowd-pleaser that’s perfect for any gathering.
It’s so delicious you may be tempted to eat it with a spoon, but this dip is best served with warm tortilla chips or heated corn tortillas.
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
• 4 cloves garlic, chopped
• 2 poblano peppers, seeded and chopped
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
• kosher salt and black pepper to taste
• 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
• 1 cup sour cream
• 3 cups fresh corn
• 2 cups Randall Great Northern Beans, drained
• 1/2 cup salsa verde
• 1-2 cups cooked shredded chicken
• 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• 1 cup shredded pepper jack
• 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, green onions, avocado, and lime, for serving
Preheat your oven to 400° F.
Heat the olive oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, poblano peppers, cumin, paprika, chili powder, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, until very fragrant.
Remove from the heat. Mix in the cream cheese, sour cream, corn, beans, salsa verde, and chicken until combined. Scatter both kinds of cheese over the dish.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Top, as desired, with yogurt/sour cream, cilantro, onions, and jalapeño. Serve with tortilla chips or corn tortillas.