It takes just 20 minutes to prepare this mozzarella-drenched white bean and tomato bake recipe from Everyday Family Cooking, but just because you aren’t spending a lot of time prepping this doesn’t mean it will be any less tasty or memorable.
Serve with a nice, crusty bread for dipping.
• ¼ cup olive oil
• 3 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
• 5-6 peeled San Marzano tomatoes (canned or jarred)
• ½ cup jarred marinara sauce
• 2 tablespoon tomato paste with Italian herbs
• ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
• 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
• 4 cups Randall Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
• 2 cups of fresh mozzarella, shredded
• Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, heat your olive oil on medium-high on the stovetop.
Place the sliced garlic cloves in the heated oil to fry until golden brown. Turn the heat down to medium-low so the garlic doesn’t burn.
Add the tomatoes and crush them with a potato masher. Add the marinara, tomato paste, and seasonings to the crushed tomatoes. Stir, and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
Add the Randall Great Northern Beans and stir them into the tomato sauce. Cook for several minutes more.
Evenly top the dip with shredded mozzarella cheese and bake for 8-10 minutes until golden in several spots. If you would like it to be more golden, place it under your broiler for 1-2 minutes.
Serve immediately and enjoy with crostinis or another crusty bread.