For a refreshing twist on traditional bean nachos, serve these white chicken chili nachos at your next gathering! Loaded with protein, cheese, and green chiles (you decide how hot you like it!), it’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser. If no social events are on the horizon, don’t worry; these nachos are perfect for a family dinner any night of the week.
For the nachos:
• 15 oz of tortilla chips
• 2 cups of shredded Monterey Jack cheese (can also use cheddar or pepper jack)
• 2 cups of rotisserie chicken, or cooked shredded chicken
• 24oz jar of Randall Great Northern Beans, drained
• Green chiles, to taste
• 1 avocado, peeled, seeded, and cubed
• 2 scallions, green ends sliced thinly
• 1/2 cup of cilantro, chopped
• 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup of sour cream
• Salsa, for serving
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Line a large baking sheet with tortilla chips, in one layer.
Cover the chips with 1 cup of cheese. Add the chicken, Randall Great Northern Beans, and green chiles. Cover with the remaining 1 cup of cheese.
Place the pan in the oven and cook until the cheese is melted, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven and top with avocado, scallions, cilantro, jalapeño pepper, and sour cream. Spoon salsa over the top of the nachos or serve the salsa on the side. Serve immediately.
Recipe inspired by and picture courtesy of two peas & their pod.