All you need for an amazing, hearty dinner is half an hour and a willingness to experiment! This white beans entree is packed with protein, fiber, and nutrients from Randall Great Northern Beans and an assortment of fresh veggies. Dive in and enjoy!
• 1 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
• 1 large onion diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
• ½ cup of oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and roughly chopped
• 4 cloves of garlic, minced
• 4 cups of Randall Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 (14.5 oz) can of diced tomatoes
• 1 (14.5 oz) can of artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
• 1 tsp of dried oregano
• 1 tsp of dried thyme
• 2 cups of kale, chopped
• Salt and pepper
Warm the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until it’s simmering. Add the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes, until slightly softened. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and garlic and cook for an additional 60 seconds until fragrant.
Add the Randall Great Northern Beans, diced tomatoes, artichoke hearts, oregano, and thyme to the skillet. Stir to combine. Keep heat on medium, cover the pan, and cook for 8 minutes.
Uncover the skillet and add the kale, stirring for 2-3 minutes, until it wilts. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Recipe inspired by and picture courtesy of Nourish and Fete.
There are 4.5 cups of Great Northern Beans in one 48-ounce jar of Randall Great Northern Beans. That means you’ll have 1/2 cup of drained beans left over, enough to toss into a lovely salad, soup, or smoothie for extra protein.