A hearty salad can be filling without taking hours to cook. Pinto beans and tuna star in this salad which is packed with fresh flavor while still filling. The carrots, celery and scallions provide crunch to balance the richness of the pinto beans and the meatiness of the tuna. This salad will satisfy your family and it’s good for them too! It’s even a great dish to make lots of, put in a large bowl, and serve at outdoor get-togethers.
This hearty salad is created when pinto beans and tuna are combined with shredded carrots and minced celery. Olive oil and lemon juice provide a classic dressing base seasoned with fresh and dried herbs. Salad greens provide vitamins and nutrients without extra calories. Try this salad as an indulgent lunch or as main dish for a busy weeknight dinner. It will easily serve four.
- 1 cup Randall Pinto Beans, lightly drained
- 2 cans chunk light tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 1/2 carrot, shredded
- 3/4 cup kale, finely chopped
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, removed from stems
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups greens, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the pinto beans, tuna, celery, carrot, kale, and scallions in a bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the thyme, marjoram, oregano and lemon juice.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil to create a dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently fold in the dressing to the pinto bean and tuna mixture. Serve over power greens.
Meatless Monday is so much more appealing when incorporating this tasty dish featuring Randall Pinto Beans.