Ready for a snack? Try this White Bean Spread! Pairing perfectly with fresh cut veggies and pita chips, this spread is a great alternative to other, more fatty, dips and spreads.
This recipe is definitely of the make-ahead variety. It really needs to be refrigerated for a day so the flavors of the beans, garlic, lemon and seasoning have time to meld and bloom into a flavorful combination.
After the flavors have reached their full potential, which should be about a day, pull this snack out to tide you over until you have time to make one of our delicious bean-centric dinner recipes!
Snack Time White Bean Spread
- 1 1/4 cups Randall Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pita chips and fresh vegetables for serving
- In a blender or food processor, combine all of the ingredients excluding the pita chips and vegetables and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a serving dish and chill for 23 hours covered so the flavors have time to meld together.
- Serve with pita chips and fresh vegetables or on toast as a crostini.