We feel fortunate to have friends who love our beans as much as we do. This cookie recipe was made by Margo Knapp and it was used during the 2012 Annual Labor Day Garage Sale in Tekonsha, Michigan.
These cookies are all chocolate gooey with some crunch. Baking with beans eliminates the need to use flour and therefore makes this one of our favorite gluten-free cookie recipes. We use an ice cream scoop to measure out cookie dough because we like them big and beautiful. If you want daintier cookies, use a tablespoon and reduce the cooking time to 8 minutes.
Gluten Free Cookie Recipes: Friendly Bean Day Cookies
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup Great Northern Randall Beans Beans, drained and mashed
- 1 stick margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. Karo syrup
- 4 1/2 cups quick oatmeal
- 1/4 lb. walnuts
- 1/4 lb. chocolate chips
- 1/4 lb. M&M's
- 1/4 lb. raisins
- Using an electric mixer, beat margarine and sugar until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix by hand until everything is combined.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a large ice cream scoop, scoop out cookie mixture and place on the cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.