The Hearty Vegetarian Bean Soup Base is one of those great make-ahead recipes because it’s not difficult to prepare and it freezes well. Once you make this base, you’ll want to separate it into smaller, freezer-safe containers (the recipe suggests pint containers) that will make it super easy to grab just enough for whatever you’re preparing. On busy nights, you can still prepare a delicious meal without all the prep work.
Once you’re ready to cook, you can use this base to make delicious soups, dips or appetizers. Share with us what you make with the Hearty Vegetarian Bean Soup Base by sending us a message!
Hearty Vegetarian Bean Soup Base
- 10 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 Vidallia or sweet onions, roughly chopped
- 3 shallots, roughly chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cooked
- 1 cup dried Porcini mushrooms, re-hydrated in warm water
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in olive oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 48 oz jar of Randall Pinto Beans, drained and coarsely mashed
- Combine all ingredients except the olive oil and Randall Pinto Beans in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is evenly chopped.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a stock pot over medium-high heat. Add the puree and cook 8-10 minutes stirring constantly. If the mixture starts sticking to the pot, add a small amount of water to loosen it. Cook until the moisture has evaporated, then remove from heat.
- Let cool and mix in the mashed Randall Pinto Beans.
- Freeze in pint containers to keep on hand for a quick boost of flavor to recipes.
Ready to start planning your picnic? Just don’t forget the Randall Beans! Check your local grocery store or if you can’t find them you can always have these delicious beans in a jar shipped straight to you from our online store.