It’s summertime and the living is easy.
It sounds like a perfect way to go about life, but it’s probably not your reality. Having the kids at home all day and preparing regular meals can be a hassle. It’s even harder to make sure you’re feeding them healthy food they’ll actually enjoy. Here’s a flavorful, easy recipe that’s full of flavor and sure to please the whole family.
Chorizo is a flavorful herb-filled sausage common in both Spanish and Mexican cooking. It adds a savory, slightly spicy flavor to almost any food, and it’s a perfect pairing with Randall Pinto Beans, which are naturally meaty and smokey. While pinto beans are delicious when just cooked with a bit of chorizo, this recipe calls for traditional tostadas.
Tostadas are flat tortillas spread with delicious beans and topped with your favorite Mexican fixings. They are most often grilled or deep fried to adds a crunchy texture to the overall meal. Some cooks even add brown sugar and cinnamon to enhance the savory Mexican flavors usually found inside the tostada.
- 1 24 ounce jar Randall Deluxe Pinto Beans
- 1 chorizo link, casing removed and crumbled
- 1 package corn tostadas or tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- Jarred salsa verde, to garnish
- Queso Fresco, to garnish
- In a pan, cook chorizo until the fat is rendered. Add beans with liquid. Cook until beans are heated through.
- Spread bean and chorizo mixture on 4 to 6 tostadas. Garnish with avocado and tomato. Add queso fresco. Sprinkle with lime juice and salsa verde to taste. Serves 4 to 6.
Looking for that last piece of your menu for your summer get-together? We’ve got you covered with our free cookbook, Randall’s Dips & Spreads. Get your copy today!
Try some of our favorite bean recipes like Cinco De Mayo Roasted Corn and Black-eyed Pea Beans Pico, Black Beans and Sweet Potatoes with Chorizo or Southwest Black Bean & Quinoa Salad for dinner tonight!