By Kate Vaynshteyn from www.babaganosh.org
Everyone loves sweet baked goods during the holidays! The season just isn’t complete without them.
As wonderful as the fruits of your labor are, however, sometimes baking can flat out be a hassle! All the ingredients, all the preparation, all the work, the hot stove and the worry of burning or over-cooking your treats can make baking more trouble than it can be worth.
If only there was a way to enjoy the deliciousness of baked treats without all the work. Oh wait, there is!
Our food blogger Kate has a dynamite brownie recipe that is entirely no-bake! Simply combining rich Randall Beans beans, creamy peanut butter and a few other ingredients and given a chance to chill creates an easy and delicious treat.
Our beans provide the base and when mixed with peanut butter – and who doesn’t love peanut butter? – it creates a fudge-like consistency when cooled. A little cocoa powder thrown into the mix gives it a little chocolatey flavor and agave syrup – a natural sweetener that can be found at your local supermarket – sweetens it up without gobs of sugar. If you don’t have agave syrup available near you, you can try another substitute like honey or maple syrup. Just use about half as much since these are much sweeter than the agave. Finally, top them off with your favorite nuts like cashews or walnuts for some extra nutty flavor and crunch.
That’s it: just five ingredients! No sugar, no flour, no butter, this recipe is just about as healthy as brownies can get – and you don’t have to sacrifice any of the taste!
- 1 14-oz. jar Randall Beans Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp. agave syrup
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup crushed nuts (cashews and walnuts work great!)
- In a food processor, process the Randall Beans black beans until they are mostly broken up. Microwave the peanut butter for 30-45 seconds, or until the peanut butter is melted but not boiling hot. Add the melted peanut butter, agave, and the cocoa powder to the food processor and continue to blend until you have a smooth mixture.
- Transfer to a bowl and gently stir in the crushed nuts.
- Line a 9 x 9 inch baking dish with plastic wrap and spray with non-stick spray. Press the brownie mixture into the pan and smooth out the top. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight. Slice into 9 brownies.
If your craving for brownies hasn’t been satisfied, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! The holiday season is the perfect time for baking delicious treats for friends and family, so make sure you are stocked up on delicious Randall recipes like our Turtle Black Bean Brownies, Black Bean Peppermint Brownies and our old fashion Black Bean Brownies. Each of these recipes are sure-fire crowd pleasers without the guilt you get from snarfing down regular brownies.
Or, if you are in the mood for something different, Randall has plenty other delightful dessert ideas!