Salmon is one of our favorite types of fish to cook during the summertime. Cooking Salmon on the grill gives it a delicious smoky flavor and is a great way to save yourself clean-up time after a long day of work, or a lazy day relaxing in the sun.
Grilled salmon wouldn’t be a complete meal without our favorite beans! We came up with this Pinto Bean Salsa to serve on the side. We decided to combine our Pinto Beans with sweet corn and jalapeños to create a wonderful sweet and spicy combo.
Try out this recipe when you’re in a pinch, or when you just don’t want to clean up!
For the Salmon:
- 8 Fresh salmon filets or steaks
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
For the Salsa
- 4 ears of corn on the cob, cooked, or 1 – 10-oz bag of frozen corn
- 1 24-oz jar Randall Beans Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh jalapeño (or to taste)
- 1 4-oz can chopped mild green chilies
- ½ cup chopped sweet onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- Salt to taste
- For the Salmon
- Rub both sides of the salmon with a small amount of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and allow to sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Grill for 10 minutes per inch of thickness, turning once about ¾ of the way through cooking.
For the Salsa
- Cut corn from the cob. Gently, toss together corn with Randall Beans Pinto Beans, peppers, onion, cilantro, and chili powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil and vinegar. Add to salsa and salt to taste. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
More Summer Bean Recipes!
Check out some of our favorites from the Randall Beans recipe collection: