Garlic lovers, rejoice! This herbal, garlicky white beans and shrimp dish is a perfect solution for those nights when you want to eat well without putting in tons of effort. It’s a one-pot meal that can easily be dressed up with a side of garlic bread or a hefty dose of extra greens.
• 3 Tbsp of olive oil, divided
• 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
• 1 (14.5 oz) can of diced tomatoes
• ¼ cup of water
• ½ tsp (or more) of kosher salt, divided
• ½ tsp of ground black pepper, divided
• 2 cups of Randall Great Northern Beans, rinsed, drained
• ¼ cup of pesto, plus more for serving
• 8 oz shrimp, peeled, deveined (about 16 medium)
• Thick slices of crusty toasted bread (optional for serving with the main course)
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Cook the shallots until just softened and golden, about 2 minutes.
Add the tomatoes with their juices, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of pepper, and 1/4 cup of water.
Increase the heat to high, bring to a boil, and cook until the sauce thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
Reduce the heat to low and add the Randall Great Northern Beans and 1/4 cup of pesto, and cook, stirring, until warmed through.
Taste and adjust salt if needed.
Divide the beans and tomatoes mixture between 2 large, shallow bowls.
Wipe out the skillet.
Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in the skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the shrimp and the remaining salt and pepper.
Cook, stirring often, until the shrimp is cooked through and starting to take on a little color on both sides, about 3 minutes.
Divide the shrimp between the bowls with the beans and tomatoes mixture.
Drizzle with additional sauce. Serve with toast if desired.
Recipe inspired by and picture courtesy of Epicurious.
One 48 oz jar of Randall Great Northern Beans can often make more than one recipe. Here is an additional recipe you could make with this same 48 oz jar of Randall Great Northern Beans: