Don’t you love a salad that can also function as a main course? This hearty and refreshing pinto bean salad with corn fills both roles equally well. It also combines beans and corn for a perfect protein-rich pairing. Serve it as a main or a side, and watch your party guests devour plate after plate!
• 1 ¾ cups of Randall Pinto beans, drained and rinsed
• 2 cups of lightly cooked fresh or frozen corn kernels
• 1/4 cup of red onion, finely chopped
• 1 medium red bell pepper, finely diced
• Cilantro leaves, as desired
• Salt and black pepper to taste
• 2 Tbsp of olive oil, preferably extra virgin
• Juice of 1 lime
• 1 Tbsp of agave or maple syrup
Combine the salad ingredients in a serving bowl.
Combine the olive oil, lime juice, and agave in a small bowl and whisk together. Stir into the salad.
If time allows, let stand for 15 to 30 minutes before serving to allow the vinaigrette flavors to permeate; otherwise, serve at once.
Recipe inspired by and picture courtesy of theveganatlas.com.
One 48 oz jar of Randall Pinto Beans yields 4 ½ cups of beans. Here is an additional recipe you could make with this same 48 oz jar of Randall Pinto Beans:
Use the remaining ¾ cup of Randall Pinto Beans by mashing them and making refried beans or tossing them into a large green salad for a protein boost and extra texture.