There are few things in this world as beautiful or as simple as a one-pot meal. Take delicious ingredients–most of which you probably already have on hand–throw them into a pot and come back 25 minutes later for a super healthy meal. It’s almost exactly that easy with our three bean minestrone. Oh, sure, you do need to saute your onion, celery and carrot until they’re sweet and soft, but after that, it’s chuck and go.
This hearty soup is modeled after classic Italian minestrone, with ditalini pasta (those are the short little tubes) and spinach. We’ve also added three types of Randall Beans–pinto beans, great northern white beans and our new kidney beans. The pinto beans are nutty and almost sweet; the great northern white beans are creamy and soft; the kidney beans are big, with a toothy texture. All together, it adds up to a soup that’s stick to your ribs and incredibly easy.
The best part? This one pot wonder is even better as leftovers. We love to make a big pot of this on a lazy Sunday afternoon and then have it for lunch during the week. The flavors deepen and meld over time, so you might find you like it better on day three than day one!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- 1 (14-oz) jar Randall Beans Pinto Beans
- 1 (14-oz) jar Randall Beans Great Northern Beans
- 1 (14-oz) jar Randall Beans Dark Red Kidney Beans
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2/3 cup ditalini
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion, celery and carrots and saute
- until soft, about five minutes. Stir in garlic powder, dried thyme, salt and pepper.
- Add Randall Beans, frozen spinach and vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the ditalini and lower the heat, simmering for 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Keep on Mixing the Beans
Randall Mediterranean Mixed Beans
Vegetarian Mixed Beans and Rice
Mixed Bean Stuffed Portabella Caps
Meatless Monday is so much more appealing when incorporating this tasty dish featuring Randall Beans Great Northern Beans.
Grilling out tonight? Here’s the perfect side dish for your grilled meat featuring Randall Beans Pinto Beans