A new recipe? Just for us? Randall Beans always gets really excited about new recipes. Nothing makes us happier than seeing our beans become the shining stars of your kitchen. Our secret sources say the beans are equally excited to be featured in your recipes. Recently our reader, Deborah created her own masterpiece using Randall Beans. We were overjoyed when she shared her fabulous white baked bean recipe with us. In turn, we simply couldn’t wait to share it with everyone!
Her white baked beans is a real treat. Randall’s Great Northern Beans are surrounded by brown sugar giving anyone who eats this meal the rich taste of molasses in each spoonful. Evaporated milk provides a smooth and delicious texture to the beans. To complete the dish, it is covered in crispy oven-cooked bacon. Now, that’s our kind of baked beans. Thank you so much Deborah for sharing with us!
- 2 (48-oz) jars of Randall Beans Great Northern White Beans
- 1 lb brown sugar
- 1 (12-oz) can of evaporated milk
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1/2 pkg of thin sliced bacon (approx.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the beans (undrained), sugar, milk and onion. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour into pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cover beans with strips of bacon using as much as you like- covering 90% of the pan is recommended
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 2 hours until the liquid cooks down to almost a glaze or the thickness you prefer.
- Note: Wilton pans are great for the recipe. Use a 14” round pan for a full recipe or a 12” round pan for a half recipe. If you use another brand, use a 9x13 for a half batch and a size up for a full batch.
We love hearing from our readers. From baked beans to bean desserts, send us your favorite Randall Beans recipe. Submit your recipe here and you could be featured in our next blog post!
More from our readers:
Everything’s Better with Beans
This recipe can be made with either Randall Great Northern Beans or the Randall Organic Great Northern products.