You have been bundled up inside all weather avoiding the outdoors which cut down on quality neighborhood bonding. Before the kids start summer vacation and everyone begins to leave for exotic vacation destinations, host a springtime block party. Send out the invitations, block off the street and celebrate the warmer weather with your neighbors. Just keep in mind the unspoken law.
Unspoken Law of a Neighborhood Block Party
Rule #1: Don’t show up empty handed.
Rule #2: Make an amazing recipe for everyone to enjoy.
Obey all unspoken laws of the block party by creating Randall Beans refried beans dip. Use pinto beans as the main ingredient. Onion and garlic co mingle effortlessly with ground cumin and chili powder to complete the tasty dip. Place tortilla chips around the dip and be ready to impress the entire neighborhood. It provides a quick bite to eat for the kids as they run off to play kickball or for the adults looking for a flavorful, but healthy appetizer. Make our refried beans dip the newest block party tradition.
Food blogger Nicole created this delicious refried beans recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14-oz) jar Randall Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons water, if needed
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic in the olive oil for 3-4 minutes, or until the onions are soft.
- Add Randall Pinto Beans, cumin, and chili powder, and continue to cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Use a potato masher to mash beans to the desired consistency. Salt to taste. At this point, you may need to add the 2 tablespoons of water if the beans seem too dry.
- Serve immediately. Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Try this refried beans recipe as a base for a layered taco dip (Randall Beans Layered Bean Dip Recipe).
More block party worthy dips:
Easy Ranch and Garbanzo Bean Hummus
This recipe featuring Randall Beans Great Northern Beans is a perfect summer side dish.
Try some of our favorite bean recipes like Cinco De Mayo Roasted Corn and Black-eyed Pea Beans Pico, Black Beans and Sweet Potatoes with Chorizo or Southwest Black Bean & Quinoa Salad for dinner tonight!